Monday, February 4, 2013

If you've found yourself on my blog, welcome!


My name is MacKenzie Johnson, and I'm currently a student at the University of Northern Iowa majoring in interior design and minoring in marketing.


 A little bit about me  

             ^ more 
  • I am a senior who will be graduating spring of 2013. Upon graduation, I plan to have found a professional internship in (hopefully) somewhere outside of Iowa. (I would love Chicago!)
  • (I apologize in advance for the length of these next few bullet points) During my four years here at UNI I've also been a member of the UNI Dance Team, which is where most of my passion, time, and energy has been devoted to. (So of course I'm going to go into more detail) As a member of this amazing team, I've been able to say I haven't missed one UNI Football, Men's Basketball, or Women's Basketball home games. (Do the math, four years times a full schedule of games from August until late March. That's a lot of games!)
  • In addition to game day involvement, I also can say I have danced at Disney's Wide World of Sports complex in Disney World all four years. In which two of those years my team has won two national titles in Division 1 Pom. (What every competing college dance team aspires to.) But wait! It gets better. I also have had the privilege to dance at the NCAA Sweet Sixteen game-- UNI vs. Michigan State. That's correct, I said THE Sweet Sixteen. I mean we're talkin' on the floor. At halftime. In front of thousands of fans! 
  • However, even with all of the success I've had with my team over the last four years, I'm being honest when I say the best part wasn't winning a national title or being on ESPN. (Although, I can't deny those we're amazing moments!) Nop, the best part was meeting some of my closest friends while working so hard for so little recognition and have our hard work become success. And that my friends is something I wouldn't trade for the world! 
  • Besides dance (Which takes up most of my time), I enjoy traveling, DIY projects, fitness, spending time with family and friends, fashion, a good read, animals, and how could I forget my favorite thing to watch on TV, The History Channel.

 Back to design  (What you're really interested in)
  • Over these past few years, I've developed a passion for all things related to interior design and architecture. (Just take a look at my Pinterest!) More specifically, I've gained a deep appreciation and interest in sustainable design solutions, innovative design, restorations, and re-purposed design.

 Why read this blog? 
  •  I truly believe that design has the capability to change the world for the better, and hopefully after reading my blog you will become inspired too. Because design is always trending, changing, and improving, this blog will be an excellent read if 1. You're a design guru or 2. You're someone who would simply like to read up on the topic. Whatever your reason is I'm glad you're here!
  • If you haven't guessed by now, this blog will be all about green design. I'll be blogging about anything from green materials to sustainable design projects to drop in homes. Green design has been growing in popularity around the world, but more recently in the United States. I'm looking forward to providing engaging information to all of my followers interested in green design. (I hope that's you!)
  • In my near future, I aspire to become involved in international design, product design, and custom furniture design- don't be surprised if these topics pop up in my blog from time to time!

Thanks for stopping by. Make sure to stop back, more posts to come! 

No comments: